Pictures are uploaded chronologically from the top. Start
at the bottom to see from beginning to end.
Truck is done!
Actually took it home finally. Still more to
do, but feels good getting it back on the road.
Its comong together!
Yes, its got a hitch now, with a 7 way round
and a 4 way flat! Mostly for small dirt bike or jet ski trailers.
Suspension back in.
Fuel system done.
It's finally back on the ground again!
On a side note, we removed one of the rear door
bars, for easier access for the passengers.
After rebuilding all the shocks, installing
all new uni-balls and heims, re-powder coating all the suspension, its finally time for mock up.
Thanks to my buddy Pismo Pat, we got all these
Fresh paint on the cage. Now its time for mock
We ended up choosing the 5/8" stud on the
Nice fresh new batteries!
We cut off the tubing that used to hold the
rear shackle mounts. We now have another 8" of ground clearance and departure angel, plus a cleaner look.
Just ordered 6 new BFG KR2's in 37 x 12.50 x
Just about everything removed.
Sneak peek of the pre filter, fuel pump, and
post filter. All to be rubber isolated on a powder coated plate, that will then be rubber mounted to another plate. All for
Removed the fuel cell, fuel system, batteries,
vent lines, jack, accessories. Now grinding off all the tabs and starting over with new updated components and designs.
Mounted the taillights to the cage instead
of the fiberglass. Not tightened down in this pic, but you get the point.
Alittle extra reinforcement before it gets dropped
off at powder coating. We used 10 ga chromoly plate where the bump stop comes in to contact with the upper control arm.
Rebuilding all the bypass shocks, coil overs,
and the air bumps.
Ready for powder coating